WinLicense: A monitor program...

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

WinLicense: A monitor program...

Postby Ezrille » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:18 am

Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed the trial version of Poker Tracker. When I try to launch the application, I've got a WinLicense error message saying that a monitor program has been found running in my system. Could you tell what programs are now allowed to be in memory at the same time than Poker Tracker?

My anti-virus software is ESET Nod32. Note that I'm a software developer and that I've a bunch of development tools installed.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Ezrille
Ezrille
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 am

Re: WinLicense: A monitor program...

Postby tarix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:25 am

I've never found any developer tools that cause this. I also run EST NOD32 so that's not an issue.

Usually it's low level system monitors and other programs that patch the operating system. If you reboot and run it straight away will it work?
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: WinLicense: A monitor program...

Postby Ezrille » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:09 am

It works after a reboot. I remember having used a process monitor tool from Sys Internals some days ago. As I never reboot my computer, does it means that I'll have to do it each time I want to use Poker Tracker?

Btw, thanks for your help!
Ezrille
Ezrille
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 am

Re: WinLicense: A monitor program...

Postby tarix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:53 am

Ezrille wrote:I remember having used a process monitor tool from Sys Internals some days ago.


That one does it. If you use that then yes you'll have to reboot. The readme for that tool even discusses that it hooks in so deep it cannot be unhooked.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: WinLicense: A monitor program...

Postby VANETGAME » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:26 am

I've got the same error message, I'm not able to use PokerTracker 3.
I'm using Iobit's Malware Fighter v1.3 and Advanced Systemcare v.5.2 Pro.
I disabled realtime protection in Malware Fighter and also disabled autostart of Systemcare at boot then rebooted my Win XP but error message still appears!
I don't have any other virus or anti malware software installed.
In my PT3 logs are enabled but no info found there about this issue.
Thanks!
VANETGAME
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Re: WinLicense: A monitor program...

Postby kraada » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:27 am

I'm not familiar with those two programs in particular, however we have found historically that there were times programs needed to be completely uninstalled before problems went away. Would you be willing to try that? It is the easiest way to be absolutely certain whether those programs are or are not the culprits.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: WinLicense: A monitor program...

Postby VANETGAME » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:45 pm

You mean I should have to completely uninstall the antivirus and anti-malware programs ?
I don't really like the idea :)
I would un- and reinstall PT3 but I don't know how can I copy my license code for use in the new install and export my hand history to reimport into the new PT3.
Thanks!
:)
VANETGAME
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Re: WinLicense: A monitor program...

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Only temporarily to reboot and then try again - if it doesn't work then, obviously it's not those programs.

I can resend you your registration code if you'd like.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 102 guests