PT3 database problems

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PT3 database problems

Postby primster » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:49 am

hey everyone

I recently bought a new macbook pro (osx 10.7.3) and installed PT3 yesterday and it installed fine and I had everything set up... when I went to laugh PT today i got an error message ....

Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT3_2012_04_05_113858 Reason: unable to login to database (template1). Reason: could not connect to server; No such file or directory Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/xs.PGSQL.5432"?

Can someone please help me get this set up???

many thanks in advance!!
primster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: PT3 database problems

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Do you see a PostgreSQL folder in Applications?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: PT3 database problems

Postby primster » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:16 pm

No there isn't just Poker Tracker
primster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: PT3 database problems

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:54 pm

In that case, please install PostgreSQL 8.4.11 for OS X from this website. Once it is installed and functioning properly, PokerTracker should begin working for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: PT3 database problems

Postby primster » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:51 am

I tried to install the PostgreSQL 8.4.11 but it was giving me a hard time during instillation and I couldn't successfully install it. Although at the bottom of the website it said to use version 9.x for OS X 10.5+ and i'm running 10.7. So I proceeded to install version 9.0.7 and it seemed to install and I can now see it in my applications folder. Although now when I start PT it says that I still need to create a database so when I click the "create" button it gives me a different error message saying: "Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT3_2012_04_06.... Reason: unable to login to database (template1). Reason: FATAL: password authentication failed for user 'postgres'"
Am i going to be able to solve this problem or will i need to find a different program for my OSX ?
primster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: PT3 database problems

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:41 am

You'll be able to solve it, and you need PostgreSQL rather than any other application as that is what PokerTracker uses.
It's possible that you have a partial installation from the first attempt at installing PostgreSQL.
Try rebooting then dragging PostgreSQL from Applications to the Trash. Reboot again and run the 9.0 PostgreSQL installer again. If you still have problems after that, please open a Support Ticket with a link to this thread and we'll schedule a remote session where someone can connect to your computer to help you with this directly. Please tell us when you're available over the next few days, and what timezone you're in, so that we can schedule.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests