Help for the not so technical minded

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Help for the not so technical minded

Postby omgrayfinkle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:22 am

Hi guys,

I stopped playing online poker towards the end of last year when FT stopped operating and have only recently started to play again. I played on both FT and Stars but since I've started playing again PT3 isnt tracking any of my hands or giving me any HUD information. I've tried checking the folders are correct but I'm having no joy and getting very frustrated. :x

Could anyone talk me through what I should be looking for?

Thanks :)
omgrayfinkle
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:39 pm

What happens when you Begin Auto Import and start playing? In PT3 does it say it's detecting any hand history files at all?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby omgrayfinkle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Hey, thanks for the response - I get the following message -

something like ; pokerstars: loading hand history file; users/omgrayfinkle/library/application support/pokerstars/handhistory/omgrayfinkle/HH20120412 reunerta VII - $0.01-$0.02 - USD No limit holdem.txt

Im on a mac and I dont mind resetting to get things working again?

Cheers
omgrayfinkle
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Does the number of hands or number of duplicates go up after you see that message?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:53 am

Have you updated PT3?
PokerStars have changed their software in recent months so if you're not using the latest version 3.13.4 Beta then please update.

Download page
PT3 Build History / Release Notes
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby omgrayfinkle » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 am

Thanks guys. I've tried downloading the most recent update but it doesnt seem to install properly. Im pulling my hair out :-/
omgrayfinkle
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 am

Please make sure that both PT3 and PokerStars are closed down before you install. If it still won't install reboot your computer and then run the installer again.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby omgrayfinkle » Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 am

I've tried this several times and it always says update successful yet when I launch PT3 it tells me a new version is still available (13.4) or whatever. Is there anyway I can just uninstall and re-install? Super frustrated
omgrayfinkle
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby kraada » Mon May 07, 2012 8:35 am

Get 3.13.4 from here. Restart your computer. After your computer reboots, run the installer first thing - that should update you successfully.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Help for the not so technical minded

Postby omgrayfinkle » Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 am

Hi, I've tried this but still no success. Would it help it I uninstalled and purchased PT4? Thanks
omgrayfinkle
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests