Page 1 of 1

BB/100 when posting to start sesssion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:30 am
by bjames50
I have been trying to determine if it is better to post behind the button or wait for the blinds at the start of a session. I am sure there is some smart person to help me figure our the right query to do this. I have been thinking posting was a slight positive EV due to positional advantage but am thinking I was wrong.

My logic if the EV is positive to post then it is a good move, if not then I should wait. Assuming that I would win 3BB, 10% of the time I post and lose 0.5 BB 90% of the time the EV would be -.15 BB so it is close enough that I would like to use my real numbers to evaluate this decision. Winning 4.5BB or more often would change the result.

Any thoughts appreciated, on the query, the thought process or the pros / cons of posting

Re: BB/100 when posting to start sesssion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:34 am
by WhiteRider
You can filter to the hands where you posted a dead blind - click the Filters button and go to the Actions tab and check 'Post Dead Blind', then click OK. This will then show your results just for those hands.

Re: BB/100 when posting to start sesssion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:38 am
by bjames50
Thanks, that was easier than I thought.