Summary of the current month + past month

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Summary of the current month + past month

Postby efpe » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Hello

Want a report with the summary of the current month and the entire past month.

buy in / net Won / ROI, ...

My problems are

the filter to obtain the current month
the filter to obtain the past month
how get the two on the same report

Thanks and happy new year !
efpe
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:16 am

Re: Summary of the current month + past month

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:37 pm

I you click on the Filters tab and choose "Between Dates" in the Session Dates box you can set a start date and an end date then click apply and your results will be filtered for that time frame. Click "Clear" to remove the filter later when you no longer want to use it.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Summary of the current month + past month

Postby efpe » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Ty Kraada.

I knew that... But I have to do this manually each time.

What I'm seeking for is a "function" to put in the report itself. When I click on 'Run report', I have my summary, whatever the date of the day (and without setting a filter manually)
efpe
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:16 am

Re: Summary of the current month + past month

Postby efpe » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:55 pm

When I put the 'montyear' stat in the report, I have the stats for each month...great. I had what I want.

But, for my knowledge : How to limit to the last x months (with a build in function, not a manual filter)?
efpe
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:16 am

Re: Summary of the current month + past month

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:21 am

I don't believe there is a built in function at this point that does that.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Summary of the current month + past month

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:03 am

kraada wrote:I don't believe there is a built in function at this point that does that.

No, there isn't, but you might be able to do something with the date functions that we looked at a few weeks ago, Kraada. I'm not at home at the moment so I don't have the info to hand - can you remember what I mean?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Summary of the current month + past month

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:28 am

Yes, though you'd need to create a new column first for "the most recent two months" in order to be able to add it as a filter for the report, and I haven't spent enough time working with those functions yet (though I plan to) to figure out how to do that very quickly.

One thought though also comes to mind, in the reports window you can click Filters on the left then Simple Filters and you can set date ranges in there to not show old months. If you did, say, Since 11/1/08, it'll show the last two months, then in another month, just edit the report to show since 12/1/08. It's not a perfect solution but that sort of edit is pretty quick and painless and will get you the results you want with a minimum of fuss.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Summary of the current month + past month

Postby efpe » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks guys. I'll do how you've said.

the solutions is perhaps with the functions dateextract_month. What I don't find is the variable 'dateoftheday'

Happy new years!

efpé
efpe
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:16 am


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests