Page 1 of 1

Creating string of starting hands

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:14 pm
by Messaa
I'm trying to create a read-based stat which says "limped and raised preflop with the following hands: AA, AJo, 77". However, I can't seem to work my way around creating the list of hands. I imagine this could be done using a variable, can you help?

Re: Creating string of starting hands

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:13 pm
by WhiteRider
I think you'll be able to do something like that although it will be pretty complex.
Have a look at the Custom Statistics and Reports FAQ - there is a link to a post about the card values in there too.
I'm afraid I don't have time to work on this now, but have a go and post back if you get stuck.

Re: Creating string of starting hands

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:05 pm
by Messaa
Is it in any way possible to create loops?

Re: Creating string of starting hands

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:26 am
by kraada
Just to make sure I'm understanding you, what you want is a stat that says Raised Preflop With Hands: and then lists the hands that player has raised with preflop? Unfortunately that isn't possible in just one stat precisely for the reason you've figured out: there's no way to loop properly, and there aren't any variables you can use so that you can check that the hand in question appears in the list.

You could create a stat though for "raised preflop with hand X" for each hand X you cared about, then make a consolidated stat using those 10 or 15 columns outputting the information you want. As you can imagine, this would be a very tedious process, but it would work.

I did ask though and there are plans to eventually add support for any SQL query you'd like in a custom stat, and once you can select distinct, this sort of thing becomes fairly trivial.

Re: Creating string of starting hands

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:15 pm
by zedjr
I want to do sort of the same thing listed but with many other stats. AM not doing the writing of queries myself. Are yall ever going to have a live tracker or something like in pt2 gametime or other programs like hem or po5 has some sort of live tracker that shows players at tables adn more detailed stats with known hands. IS this something i can write in an add on program to use with pt3 db> am going to ask my programmer also but am just trying to understadn this better. Need to see live players at my tables with certain stats to known hand sin the position. Hope that makes sense.

Re: Creating string of starting hands

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:15 pm
by kraada
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but there are plans to allow you to execute arbitrary database queries in the custom reports interface which would allow you the ultimate flexibility to get whatever you'd like from the database.

If you're asking about finding out things regarding the current hand in play like pot odds and your own cards and whatnot, there are no plans to add that sort of functionality as it would make PT3 too close to being usable as a botting engine.