Global HUD filters.

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Global HUD filters.

Postby Legend » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:00 pm

I wrote some custom stats and now I want to add some global HUD filters.
For example, lets say that I want to filter out all hands where there were players with less than 25 big blinds in the hand.

What's the best way of doing it ?
Should I go into each and every custom stat column and add the appropriate code, or perhaps there is a better way to do it globally on top of everything, like the built-in HUD filter "Stats from currnet cash limit only" ?

Also, as far as coding goes, in this example I specified 25 big blinds, but tomorrow I may want to change it to 30, how can I use global variables in the columns code rather than hard code "25" ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Legend
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Global HUD filters.

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:52 am

There is currently no way of doing this without putting your condition in each custom stat. It is possible that further options like this will be added but I suspect that is quite a way off. Having individual filter conditions for individual stats would slow things down a lot as each stat would have to be retrieved individually, and the cache couldn't be used.
There are no 'global variables' at the moment either - this is another good idea and is something I have suggested to the development team in the past.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Global HUD filters.

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:57 am

One thought about your 'global variables' - if you only want to use this in your Statistics (not Columns) then you can create a Variable (Variables tab of custom stats window) which you can use in your stats.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests