Building Fold Preflop SB

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Building Fold Preflop SB

Postby pccarballo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:53 pm

I want to build this stat to know many times a player fold preflop on a HU match. Although I can know it by the RFI and open limp (this one will be the difference) but it will help me to start learning to build the stats. So I make this steps

1. Select Holdem Cash Player Statistics
2. Go to Statistics Tabs
3. Click New
4. Then click insert (after giving a name to the stat) and in colums tab select "cnt_p_fold" and know that I should put the division expresion but dont know why. Then I should put cnt_p_total_actions and then * 100
5. Then this should have the AND the player was on SB
pccarballo
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Building Fold Preflop SB

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:26 am

I don't think that would get you what you're looking for; the cnt_p_total_actions counts up how many individual actions you've made preflop from any position.

What you want to do is create two new columns:

cnt_p_sb_fold with definition sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_s and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_fold, 1, 0])

and

cnt_p_sb_hands with definition sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_s, 1, 0])

Then create the stat as (cnt_p_sb_fold / cnt_p_sb_hands) * 100.

The fist column counts up how many times you were both in the small blind and folded preflop, the second counts how many times you were in the small blind. If you want open fold, that would require tweaking cnt_p_sb_fold to instead of having the flg_p_fold field (which is any preflop fold) to having lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'F' (which says "your actions string was: Fold").
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests