Simple/Dumb question regarding Tourney Stats

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Simple/Dumb question regarding Tourney Stats

Postby t3hnu7z » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:00 am

I'm going to try my hand at creating some custom stats for tournaments soon. I've seen kraada's work which inspired me to make my current cash game HUD that has really improved my profitability (special kudos for that). Now I'd like to see what I can do about my tournaments. I'm going to create Stats based on M like what he has created (though slightly different).

One thing I've noticed with the normal HUD during tournament play is that it only shows stats from the current tournament. If you play a lot of the same style tournaments, you will meet up with the same foes time and time again, yet they're a blank canvas every time, according to the original HUD. My idea is to not only view stats based on M, but to see ALL tournaments in those stats. If Player A gets wild and pushes all-in constantly when his M drops below 5, I want that information for all future tournaments I have against him, not just the current one.

What I'm asking is this: If I build a tourney stat based on M, will it pull data from all tournaments or just the current one? If just the current one, is there a way to change this?

Thanks
t3hnu7z
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Simple/Dumb question regarding Tourney Stats

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:25 am

Your own stats will only ever be for the current session/table - this is by design, and is intended to show your current table image. Other players' stats should be 'lifetime'.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Simple/Dumb question regarding Tourney Stats

Postby t3hnu7z » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:27 am

Ok, excellent. Thanks!
t3hnu7z
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Simple/Dumb question regarding Tourney Stats

Postby t3hnu7z » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Ok, tested out a partial tournament HUD (this is a lot of work configuring all the columns and statistics around M) on Absolute Poker and noticed a problem right away with the M calculation.

Apparently Absolute Poker shows the blinds as just the big blind... so when the BB is 150 and the SB is 75, it just says Blinds: 150 NL... I noticed Full Tilt will say under those same circumstances: 75/150 NL

My question is this: Since there is only one number there, is PT3 counting that as the BB or SB? I suppose it doesn't make a huge difference as I will just multiply that number by 1.5 to get the total amount for the blinds, but it would be nice to know.
t3hnu7z
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Simple/Dumb question regarding Tourney Stats

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:30 pm

It looks like the small blind amount isn't being set in PT3. I will investigate this further because if that is right we'll need to get it fixed.
Thanks for letting us know about this.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Simple/Dumb question regarding Tourney Stats

Postby t3hnu7z » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:50 pm

That's even better! Hopefully its a relatively easy fix for you guys.
t3hnu7z
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:12 pm


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests