Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby PeteX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:16 pm

I'm trying to take the Advanced Hud (by Kraada) into use and I decided to modify the color ranges as now there are way too many ranges for my liking. I'm probably going to modify them to have only 3-4 different colors.

And for this, I though I'd first check out the stats values on the Player Summary-table, just to see what kind of values there are.

I started with "Colored By: Limp & Fold to Raise – how often a player limps preflop then folds to a raise."

I thought this was supposed to be a percentage value, but I have 14 players on the summary that have a value > 100. Three have 200 as their value.

I wonder if there is some issue with the stat formula or the columns that causes this?

Could you try adding this stat to the Player Summary record and see if you have any players with value > 100?
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby kraada » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Those should be percentages; I'll do some rechecking right now.

ETA: Neither should cause numbers over 100% ever. The cash and tournament numbers are built slightly differently, though; which HUD are you working with, cash or tourney?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby PeteX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Ok, your formula is probably right. I did some SQL'ing and found a player who had

cnt_limp_fold = 2 and cnt_limp_face_raise = 1 which obv makes 200%.

I'll hunt down those particular hands and see what an earth is going on there.
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby PeteX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Ok, this hand causes the problem... ;)

b.okley DID limp preflop, but DID NOT see the flop and DID NOT face a raise.

Texas Hold'em $0.50-$1.00 NL (real money), hand #P4-68866074-920
Table Cartagena, 31 May 2008 11:43 AM ET

Seat 4: Jokkeri85 ($41.48 in chips)
Seat 6: Tohtori77 ($248.47 in chips)
Seat 8: oqq3T ($3.29 in chips)
Seat 10: b.okley ($46.18 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
b.okley posts blind ($0.25), Jokkeri85 posts blind ($0.50).
PRE-FLOP
Tohtori77 folds, oqq3T folds, b.okley calls $0.25, Jokkeri85 folds.
SUMMARY
Dealer: oqq3T
Pot: $1
Jokkeri85 loses $0.50
Tohtori77 loses $0
oqq3T loses $0
b.okley bets $0.50, collects $1, net $0.50
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby PeteX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Another one of a similar kind. Again, limped, no flop but no raise.

I don't get these BB's...

Texas Hold'em $0.50-$1.00 NL (real money), hand #P4-68804850-147
Table Ibague, 30 May 2008 08:24 AM ET

Seat 1: -LazZzaR- ($51.28 in chips)
Seat 3: koersa9 ($22.93 in chips)
Seat 10: _avomeri_ ($46.72 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
-LazZzaR- posts blind ($0.25), koersa9 posts blind ($0.50).
PRE-FLOP
_avomeri_ folds, -LazZzaR- calls $0.25, koersa9 folds.
SUMMARY
Dealer: _avomeri_
Pot: $1
-LazZzaR- bets $0.50, collects $1, net $0.50
koersa9 loses $0.50
_avomeri_ loses $0
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby PeteX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Would it work better if you changed this
sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_saw), 1, 0])

into this
sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_fold, 1, 0])

EDIT: I tested this and at least now I don't have anybody with value >100. All values are now between 0 and 100.
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby kraada » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Yes, that should work as well. I didn't realize that the big blind could open fold like that . . . it's not possible on every site, at least (I know it won't happen on FTP).

I'll make sure to update the stat for the future in general, though I don't suspect this will affect a lot of people.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby PeteX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Oh, I may have found a bug in PT3 beta 26!

I was trying to modify the coloring ranges of "VP$IP - colored".

Had the statistics Configure Statistics/Statistics open and had "VP$IP - colored"-selected:
1) Pressed Save (without changing anything)
2) PT asked me: "Save changes to this statistic?"
3) I pressed "Yes"
4) PT asked me: "A statistic with this name already exists. Do you want to overwrite it?".
5) I pressed Yes.
6) -> GOTO 2...

It just kept going from 2...6. Some sort if infinite loop somewhere?!? I only got out of it by answering No/Cancel at some point.

EDIT: Ok, don't know what just happened, some sort of strange situation with PT stats editing. But I duplicated the above stat, then modified the duplicated stat and had no problems. So I couldn't repeat that problem with another stat. Can't imagine what could have cause the above problem. Anyway, things work now. I just duplicated the above stat, removed the above stat and then just duplicated my new stat again, renaming it back to the original ("VP$IP - colored") and now it is editable and saveable without the above problem... Weird.
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Advanced HUD, Limp & Fold to Raise -> % values > 100

Postby kraada » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah, that's a weird known bug. The easy way to get around it is, as you found out, to duplicate the stat, delete the color conditions, remove the original stat and rename the new stat.

It's on our list to get fixed, I'm not sure how soon it will be, though, as there's a fairly easy workaround.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests