Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby Darvini » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 pm

I dont understand how the raise_2_amount or raise_2_pct stats work. I tried to build different columns to figure it out

amt_p_3b_abs:
sum( holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made_2 )

amt_p_3b_abs_if:
sum( if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet , holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made_2 , 0 ] )

amt_p_3b_pct:
sum( holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_2_pct )

amt_p_3b_pct_if:
sum( if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet , holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_2_pct ,0 ] )

And stats:

pf3b_ab:
amt_p_3b_abs / cnt_p_3bet
value for me is: 3.24

pf3b_ab_if:
amt_p_3b_abs_if_3b / cnt_p_3bet
value for me is: 2.09

pf3b_pct:
amt_p_3b_pct / cnt_p_3bet
value for me is: 13.80

pf3b_pct_if:
amt_p_3b_pct_if_3b / cnt_p_3bet
value for me is: 4.62

None of these makes any sense. I play with 1dollar bb so the pf 3b amount are bigger then 2 or 3. My pf3b is 3 times the pfr so its 9, 12 or 15 or more if im squeezing. So I should get amount= 12 and pct= 2 or something like that. Report doesnt show opportunities for pf3b anymore. It used to show so I could count. And why is it giving different result with the if-statement?

And since I dont understand these raise_2_ it is quite possible that my other raise amount stats are not right either. I build a Squeeze amount stat with holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made though squeeze is a 3Bet right? It still gave reasonable results but now I dont know.

How do I construct a pf3b amount stat and what exactly will it tell?
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 am

The amount stat is the absolute dollar value that you raised to on your first raise. So if you open 3-bet to $9, for that hand the value would be 9. If you open 4-bet to $27, the value for that hand would be 27. The _2 amount stat is the absolute dollar value that you raised to on your second raise. So if you opened to $3, then 4bet to $27, amt_p_raise_made would be 3, and amt_p_raise_made_2 would be 27.

The percentage values are percentages of the current pot. So if you opened to $3 in a .5/1 game, the percentage value would be 80 (2/2.5). The second percentage value is the percentage of pot for the second raise you made.

I hope that clarifies the purposes of these columns a bit for you - what stats were you trying to build with them?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby Darvini » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:30 pm

I think I got it now. So in a hand were I open raise to 3$ and someone 3bets me to 9$ and then I 4bet to 27$, val_p_raise_made_2_pct would be (27-9)/(9+9+1,5)=92% right?

I was just making stats about squeeze raise size /pot and other 3b/pot, but I need the val_p_raise_made_pct for those situations and dont need the second raise for anything yet. If I understood this correctly I thank you for your quick reply and im off to make more stats.
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Yes, you've got it right. Good luck in your stat creation!
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby Darvini » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:34 pm

I looked at my squeeze stat and it didnt match my games. I made some guesses and I think I found out what the val_p_raise_made_pct really measures in those situations. I had some limp-squeeze situations and a squeeze from bb. I limp 1$ get raised to 5$ and there are two callers + sb and I Reraise to 20$. val_p_raise_made_pct does not calculate (20-5)/(5+5+5+50.5)=73% instead it calculates 20/(5+5+5+0.5+1(my limp))=121% So my initial limp is on both sides. It divides my total raise amount with all the other money on the table + my limp.

So what would it calculate if I open 3B? Say there is 1.5$ from blinds and a raise to 3$ and I 3B to 9$. Is it 9/(1.5+3+1) or (9-3)/(1.5+3+3) as I thought earlier or something else? I am confused again. I guess im confused about how much is a raise. Is a raise the total amount you have put on the table or is it the total amount - bb or is it the total amount - previous bet/raise? And im not quite sure what the pot is either. :/
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby Darvini » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:13 pm

From the ticket where i asked this originally:
whiterider wrote:holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made_2 is the amount of the LAST raise the player made preflop. {...} Just to clarify - if you only make one raise preflop then the _2 field will be zero.


Now im a bit confused about which raise the raise_2 is referring. Is it the second raise or the last raise? There could be 3 raises preflop if players are deep or even more when people are minraising. Those situations are quite rare though but still.
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 am

Darvini wrote:From the ticket where i asked this originally:
whiterider wrote:holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made_2 is the amount of the LAST raise the player made preflop. {...} Just to clarify - if you only make one raise preflop then the _2 field will be zero.


Now im a bit confused about which raise the raise_2 is referring. Is it the second raise or the last raise? There could be 3 raises preflop if players are deep or even more when people are minraising. Those situations are quite rare though but still.

It's the last raise. If you make 3 raises there is no way to see the value of the 2nd raise.

amt_p_raise_made is the raise TO amount.
val_p_raise_made_pct = amt_p_raise_made / (money in the pot before the player's action)

Examples:
Blinds 5 & 10.

1. A raises to 35, B re-raises to 90. Neither A or B are in the blinds.
For B:
amt_p_raise_made = 90
val_p_raise_made_pct = 90 / (5+10+35) = 90 / 50 = 180%

2. A raises to 35, B re-raises to 100 from the small blind.
For B:
amt_p_raise_made = 100
val_p_raise_made_pct = 100 / (5+10+35) = 100 / 50 = 200%

In both cases we divide by the same amount, because in both cases the pot before B's action is the same (the blinds plus the opener's raise).
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby Darvini » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:13 am

Thank you, this explains my findings. I think the second raise (in those cases where there is a third) could be calculated through amt_before and amt_pot at least in all in situations.
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby Darvini » Wed May 18, 2011 5:13 pm

I dont understand why the raise_made_2 is made to be the last raise and not the second. Obviously there are more times player raises a second time then third or more and the earlier you get info the better. Would be better if it was changed to second raise or made an additional second raise amount stats. How doable would these changes be?

At the moment I guess I cant do more then this:

sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='R' and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 2, holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_2_pct / 100, 0])

To get the 4bet percent of pot or amount in a first raise 4bet situation or can I?
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Bet/Raise/Reraise amount stats

Postby Darvini » Wed May 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Though I have to add now that I looked at my opponents stats its pretty rare to have someone raise more then twice preflop so that stat that I made works majority of times.
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests