Donk Flop Question

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Donk Flop Question

Postby bball44 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Here's what I would like to know: I raise preflop, everyone folds except one of the blinds, on the flop the blind donks into me, so what percentage of the time that he does this does he have a pair or better, and what percentage of the time does he have less than a pair? Is there a stat that shows this (not necessarily this exact situation, but something like the fact that he donks the flop, possibly out of position without the initiative)? What is the closest stat to this that the hud can display or that I can create for the hud to display? (having at least a pair could only be accounted for in prior hands where villain had gone to showdown, I realize.)

I hope this is a reasonable question to ask and appreciate any help.
bball44
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Re: Donk Flop Question

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:30 am

As you point out you will only have this information for hands which go to showdown, and that will skew the results massively towards hands when the player actually had something good, making them not very useful at best and potentially misleading.

That said, you could build your stat but it would use a database table which causes significant slowdown when used in the HUD, so isn't recommended at the moment.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Donk Flop Question

Postby bball44 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:26 pm

thanks for the response. I see your point about the %s being skewed because of the showdown issue, but I would probably use it to get a sense of the %s from one player to another - since the the %s should skew for all players (though not to the same extent given other tendencies of different players), a comparison of one player to the average might be helpful to me.

Can you point me to the tutorial for building a stat like this, just in case.

Also, what is the definition the donk at flop stat. Sorry if I missed this somewhere - if there's a place to find the definitions I didn't see it.

Thanks again.
bball44
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Re: Donk Flop Question

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:04 pm

You'd have to use the holdem_hand_player_combinations table - the details of the table are found in the Database Schema, available on our documentation page.

A flop donk is a bet out of position before the preflop raiser has a chance to act - the default definition also only uses exactly single raised pots.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Donk Flop Question

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:46 am

WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Donk Flop Question

Postby bball44 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks guys for all the info. As usual you're a great help.
bball44
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:29 pm


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest