Fixing Report - dupilcate hands and filter by session

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Fixing Report - dupilcate hands and filter by session

Postby NimhOfJoy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm trying to put together a report that shows me every hand that went to showdown so I can go back and take notes on hands I missed while I was playing. I have 2 questions:

1) Right now, the filter is set merely at #Showdown#=true with the Filter on Active Player turned off (so it shows every hand that went to showdown, instead of just my shown down hands). However, it's duplicating every hand (or triplicating if 3 players go to showdown). The cause seems obvious (as it now looking from every players perspective for hands WTS), but I'm not really sure how to fix it.

2) I'm using the simple filter to just show hands played today. Under the sessions tab, I usually look at my hands by session (rather than by table). Is there a way to fix the report so it only shows hands that WTS from the most recent session?
NimhOfJoy
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Fixing Report - dupilcate hands and filter by session

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:41 pm

(1) Filter for holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand - then you'll see each hand exactly once: from the perspective of the person who won it. Since you're looking at hands overall (and likely double clicking them to replay them or look at them in more detail) it doesn't really matter whose perspective you're seeing it from. You'll still get a few hands that are duplicated when the pot was split but it should make things quite a bit simpler.

(2) You could use the simple filters for "Played Today" - a filter for the most recent session would be considerably more complex and I'm not sure how much more useful it would be than for hands played today in general. You can sort the hands by time if you'd like (add Date, and click that column to sort by it) and then you can look at hands in descending time order that way, also.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Fixing Report - dupilcate hands and filter by session

Postby NimhOfJoy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 pm

1) Perfect, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

2) That's what I'm doing now; I have the date and the hand # and I'm going through and replaying each hand and taking notes as I go. There have been a few times where I've played a long session, with a short break, and then another long session, and I would prefer to filter out the hands I've already reviewed. If it's particularly complicated, then I won't do it, but it would preferable. Even if you could just point me in the right direction, that would be helpful.

Thanks
NimhOfJoy
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Fixing Report - dupilcate hands and filter by session

Postby NimhOfJoy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Also, side question:

If I'm generating a list of players with more than 1,000 hands, how would I add a column for money lost to/won from?
NimhOfJoy
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Fixing Report - dupilcate hands and filter by session

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:46 pm

If you're doing it that way and you can write down the date, it'd probably be easiest to add a filter for holdem_hand_player_statistics.date_played > the date you write down.

Note you'd have to put it in as a timestamp - details on timestamps can be found here.

Money won to/lost from can't be added as a column in custom reports at this point in time though.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests