Sorting by blocks of hands

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby sookmctourie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:26 am

Is it possible to create a custom stat to use in reports that will allow me to display my hands in blocks? I'm working with small blocks of 500, then 2500, then 10,000, as a way to monitor my improvements in areas such as Blind Defense/Blind Attack, Stealing etc.
sookmctourie
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby kraada » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:31 am

I can't think of a simple way to do this off the top of my head but I'll make a note to look into it and get back to you in this thread.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby sookmctourie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks Kraada

If this is not possible via custom stats, it would be a nice new feature request, as part of the filtering options.
sookmctourie
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:05 am

You could do it in date-range blocks, would that be good enough?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby sookmctourie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:33 am

Some mechanism would be helpful. Right now I'm manually sorting, and having to right down where the blocks start and end. If a date range filter could be set up, it would be help.
sookmctourie
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:12 am

You can filter for date ranges with the normal Filters window.

I assumed you wanted to see a report with your stats split into "blocks".
I you want to do that you'll need to build a stat to group by some criteria.
If that's what you want to do, let me know what sort of thing you want to see and how you want to split up the blocks (e.g. we could do every 7 days, or something).
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby sookmctourie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:27 am

I'm focusing on pre flop aggression and Blind Attack / Blind Defense

1st group

RFI
VP$IP
PFR


2nd group

Steal from the CO BU & SB
Steal Success
C Bet (as extension of Steal)
C Bet Success

3rd group

SB fold
SB 3 Bet (Defense)
BB fold
BB 3 Bet

Blocks of 7 days would be okay

Thanks WhiteRider
sookmctourie
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:33 pm

OK, import the attached "YearWeek" stat and add it to a custom report in the Holdem Cash Player Statistics section to split the report by week (you'll need to extract it from the .zip, and I've included my YearMonthDay stat too, which will split reports in a similar way but by day). Add the stats you're interested in, save the report and run it.

YearWeek.zip
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby sookmctourie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks WhiteRider

I ran the report. I noticed that all the days are shown for each week. Will I be able to edit the stat to give me a week as a total over the year?
sookmctourie
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Sorting by blocks of hands

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm not sure what you mean?
If you only add the YearWeek stat and no other date stats then you should get one line for each week.

I'm not sure what you mean by this:
sookmctourie wrote:Will I be able to edit the stat to give me a week as a total over the year?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests