Applying 'lookup_hole_cards_holdem'?

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Applying 'lookup_hole_cards_holdem'?

Postby Lakestone » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:37 am

Hey mods, how are you today?

Is there a chart where I can see all hand_id's? I cannot seem to find this section, please link it ;)
Edit: Found it: https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11188
I've accomplished a lot of funny/good stats so far with your help and would like to thank you for that, even though I believe its a part of your job :D

I have a small project right now where I'd like to see my opponents weighted range when he 4bet me (and we get it all in preflop so the hand went to showdown). So I basically need the count for each hand showing up when this scenario takes place. Lets say I have millions of hands on this tricky opponent who 4bets allin with absolute crap, mixed with AA and KK only. I'd like to display this in Holdem Tournament Player Statistics. This to me sounds like a very complex thing to do, so how would you professionals approach this?
Lakestone
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Applying 'lookup_hole_cards_holdem'?

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:14 am

Hole card lookup values are listed in this post.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Applying 'lookup_hole_cards_holdem'?

Postby Lakestone » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 am

WhiteRider wrote:Hole card lookup values are listed in this post.


Yeah I found it through that other link thanks. But maybe you can answer me this:
I'm listing all hands as columns to see how many times my opponent showed up with specific hands. I got the correct numbers, but it lists all hands all the way. I've only been using some unique/sum so I'm lil confused what to change, to only show the total number (at the top):

Screenshot Report
[ img ]
Column #1 PRF_first_test: tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise (Count Unique)
Column #2 Holecard_test: tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard (Count Unique)
Variable #1 var_condition: if(PRF_first_test, true, false)
Variable #2 var_AA: if(var_condition AND Holecard_test = 1, 1, 0) (Sum)
Statistic: format_number(var_AA, 0, false, false) - thats it

I ger error if I try using sum inside var_AA, I have no clue what to do next :oops:
Lakestone
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Applying 'lookup_hole_cards_holdem'?

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:16 am

You will need to do a SUM in your columns - Holdem Tournament Player Statistics is looking at all hands, so if you don't sum you'll get separate data for each.
For instance your "Holecard_test" column will generate a separate entry for each starting hand.

To count times a player 4-bet with AA, for instance, you'll need a column like:

sum(if[tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet AND tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 1, 1, 0])

You'd need to make a separate column for each starting hand.

You may find it quicker to just add the 4Bet Preflop stat to the "Hands" report. You wouldn't get everything in a single line, but you'd see the 4bet percentage for each hand type in a column.

Actually, the best way is probably to apply a filter for making a 4Bet, and then you'll only see the hands where your opponent made a 4Bet. Tutorial: Filters
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Applying 'lookup_hole_cards_holdem'?

Postby Lakestone » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:36 am

WhiteRider wrote:You will need to do a SUM in your columns - Holdem Tournament Player Statistics is looking at all hands, so if you don't sum you'll get separate data for each.
For instance your "Holecard_test" column will generate a separate entry for each starting hand.

To count times a player 4-bet with AA, for instance, you'll need a column like:

sum(if[tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet AND tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 1, 1, 0])

You'd need to make a separate column for each starting hand.

You may find it quicker to just add the 4Bet Preflop stat to the "Hands" report. You wouldn't get everything in a single line, but you'd see the 4bet percentage for each hand type in a column.

Actually, the best way is probably to apply a filter for making a 4Bet, and then you'll only see the hands where your opponent made a 4Bet. Tutorial: Filters


By doing it that way, I would have 169 columns for each condition that I run, which will be ridiculous to create. I used variables to make it more dynamic, so that I only need to change the var_condition and then have 169 static vars instead. I guess I gotta live with the zeros/ones in between if there's no other way.
Lakestone
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Applying 'lookup_hole_cards_holdem'?

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Will the filters not work for you? I would think that would be the best way to see which hands your opponent is playing in a certain way.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest