Page 1 of 1

Help for my report

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:15 am
by AlexV
Hi,

I try to make a report with the following columms, for a specific sample of hands (filtered by date) :

1 - hands (22+, AT+, SCs for example)
2 - number of times i see this hands
3 - theoric % to have the hands (0.45% for PP for example)
4 - nombre of time I should have had the hand : = (theoric % to have the hands)* number of hands played
5 - how much I win with the hands
6 - how much I would have won on average : = number of times I see the hands * $/Hands for the specific hands (estimate on my whole DB)
7 - how much i would have won on average - theoric : = nombre of time I should have had the hand * $/Hands for the specific hands (estimate on my whole DB)
8 - difference between 7 and 5

For 1, 2 and 3, it's OK :D . But for the 4th columms, I don't know how to calculate the number of hands played :(

Help please.

Thanks.

Re: Help for my report

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:23 am
by Josh
This is a tricky report you're trying to build here.

You're going to need to make more columns that point to the lookup_hole_cards table. You'll then need to come up with the percentages. I've done a quick Google search and came up with:

Odds against being dealt specific hold'em starting hands

Any pair - 16/1 - 6%
2 suited cards - 3/1 - 24%
Suited connectors - 27/1 - 4%
Unsuited connectors - 7.5/1 - 12%


You should be able to figure the rest out from there. Hope this helps!