[Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

[Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby js2002 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:23 pm

Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop

Hi everybody,

I made 2 new columns and combined them in one stat :
Code: Select all
(cnt_p_Call3bet_f_FoldtoCB / cnt_p_Call3bet_f_FoldtoCB_opp) * 100


The meaning is: Percentage of how often player calls 3Bet preflop and then folds to a Contiuation Bet on the Flop.

1. Column:
Code: Select all
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='C' AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F' , 1 , 0 ])

Call 3bet pre-flop and Fold to Continuation Bet on the flop
Number of Times a player calls a 3Bet PF AND folds to a CB

The expression "holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='C' " is the same as the one in the "cnt_p_4bet_def_action_call" PT3 predefined value. I couldnt use "cnt_p_4bet_def_action_call" in my column. If someone knows, tell me! (Same problem with other expressions.)

2. Column:
Code: Select all
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='C' AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp , 1 , 0 ])

Call 3bet pre-flop AND Continuation Bet DEF opportunity on the flop
Number of Times a player calls a 3Bet PF AND gets confronted with an CB

You can download all under: http://rapidshare.com/files/117611972/Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop.pt3stat.html

Q1: Please give feedback! Do you think I calculate the value right?
Q2: What do the arguments 1,0 in the SUM operation mean?
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby WhiteRider » Mon May 26, 2008 4:55 am

At first glance it looks OK, but I haven't got time now to investigate it thoroughly.
If you create useful stats like this, please submit them to the Repository - they will be evaluated and if correct will be included for others to share.

In the SUM, the 1,0 are actually part of the 'if' statement.
If the clause is true the it sums 1, if it's false it sums 0. This gives a count of the times the clause is true over all hands.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby js2002 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:47 am

I posted serveral entries at the repository. Thought this way would be faster feedback. At the Repositories I didnt get any answers. I know theres a lot work for you, but can u tell me when somebody looks at these entries?!

btw: I made a first live test with this stat and it worked well. I think it is correct. We ll see ...finally...
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby _dave_ » Mon May 26, 2008 12:44 pm

js2002 wrote:btw: I made a first live test with this stat and it worked well. I think it is correct. We ll see ...finally...


It *looks* correct, it looks a little misleading, to me at least.

It would be more useful if it included "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise = true" in the qualifier", so it becomes "Percentage of how often player calls 3Bet preflop (WHEN THEY HAD RAISED FIRST ) and then folds to a Contiuation Bet on the Flop."

Basically just removing the "cold call 3bet" situations from the calcs, as those players cold calling 3bets then folding to a flop cbet are a statistic unto themselves imo.
_dave_
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:19 pm

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby js2002 » Mon May 26, 2008 1:04 pm

_dave_ wrote:
js2002 wrote:btw: I made a first live test with this stat and it worked well. I think it is correct. We ll see ...finally...


It *looks* correct, it looks a little misleading, to me at least.

It would be more useful if it included "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise = true" in the qualifier", so it becomes "Percentage of how often player calls 3Bet preflop (WHEN THEY HAD RAISED FIRST ) and then folds to a Contiuation Bet on the Flop."

Basically just removing the "cold call 3bet" situations from the calcs, as those players cold calling 3bets then folding to a flop cbet are a statistic unto themselves imo.



Yeah tought of the cold calls already. This we/I have to build it in. What do you mean with " are a statistic unto themselves imo." my english is not so good
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby _dave_ » Mon May 26, 2008 1:10 pm

What do you mean with " are a statistic unto themselves imo." my english is not so good


I mean I'd prefer to see this statistic alone, not included in the numbers for when they have open raised themselves.

So If you 3bet someone and a different player cold calls (let us assume the original raiser folds so we are HU with the cold caller) - we'd have another (more accurate) number for the cold caller giving their probability of folding to our cbet :)
_dave_
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:19 pm

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby js2002 » Mon May 26, 2008 1:35 pm

ok, u do the coldcall fold to cb value exp and I ll fix my value by including the firstin raise thing...
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby _dave_ » Mon May 26, 2008 1:51 pm

js2002 wrote:ok, u do the coldcall fold to cb value exp and I ll fix my value by including the firstin raise thing...


The code would be exactly the same as yours, but with holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise = false
_dave_
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:19 pm

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby js2002 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:59 pm

8 hours work behind me and didnt take a sec to think about that :-)
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Call_3Bet_Preflop_-_Fold_to_CB_Flop] Evaluate it plz!

Postby js2002 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:34 pm

_dave_ wrote:The code would be exactly the same as yours, but with holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise = false


1. Thought again: This cant be because the stat "player NOT raised firstin AND called3bet AND folded to CB flop " What about situations where he limps and then calls the 3Bet or is in BB and the calls the 3Bet? This wouldnt be in the stat.
So I mean you cant just take my stats and change juste the firstin boolean. Am I right @this point`?


2. my NEW stat "player DID raised firstin AND called3bet AND folded to CB flop" is a good stat i think.
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests