PA doesn't work after change database to SQL

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PA doesn't work after change database to SQL

Postby BadDog100 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:40 pm

after I changed my PT2 database to postgreSQL, i get the following error when I start PA Hud:

[ img ]

What's wrong?

Thanks for help
BadDog100
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: PA doesn't work after change database to SQL

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:03 am

First, make sure the postgres service is running. Do you see any postgres processes in Task Manager / Processes?
If not, try starting the service: Start -> Programs -> Postgres -> Start Service.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: PA doesn't work after change database to SQL

Postby jmflu » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:46 am

WhiteRider wrote:First, make sure the postgres service is running. Do you see any postgres processes in Task Manager / Processes?
If not, try starting the service: Start -> Programs -> Postgres -> Start Service.


What if we are using a different version of SQL can it cause problems running the newer version for PT3 and the older version for PT2?
jmflu
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 pm

Re: PA doesn't work after change database to SQL

Postby jmflu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:44 am

Ok so I am not getting stats despite my auto import working fine.

I never had an issue before I converted my db to postgresql. The service is running and the tables are recognized but all table averages are N/A and no stats are showing up.

Um other info is I have PT3 also and have both SQL 8.3 and 8.2 installed because PAHUD would not work with 8.3 so I dunno if this could cause a problem. Also these are in tournaments I am sure about cash games because I barely play them and I am using the Memory Scanner for Pokerstars.

The settings are all on the default settings and I my data is definitely selected.
jmflu
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 pm

Re: PA doesn't work after change database to SQL

Postby jmflu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:58 am

hmm i didnt realize there was a beta out and it seems to have fixed my problems.
jmflu
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 pm

Re: PA doesn't work after change database to SQL

Postby tarix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:57 am

jmflu wrote:Um other info is I have PT3 also and have both SQL 8.3 and 8.2 installed because PAHUD would not work with 8.3 so I dunno if this could cause a problem.


Could it cause problems? YES!

If you have two copies of postgres installed then they must be configured to use different ports. This complicates your setup greatly. It's best just to stick with one installation of 8.3.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests