SQL Error Every Time I start PAHUD

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

SQL Error Every Time I start PAHUD

Postby boomswitch » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:43 am

Hi,

I'm using PAHUD 1.19.6 beta. I only use it for PLO, but I used to use it for Hold'em as well. I deleted my PokerTracker Hold'em databases (both my PostgreSQL and .MDB Access ones).

I created a new PostgreSQL PLO database inside PokerTracker Omaha.

Now, whenever I start PAHUD up, after about 10 seconds, I get a really huge error message pop-up that states "Unable to update cache" with a gigantic SQL statement following. I found some other forum posts that said if you delete the cache files in Data/Temp, that it would fix these errors, but I did that and I still receive the error every time I start PAHUD.

Another funny thing is, PAHUD works fine after I click OK on the error pop-up, and it even gives me another pop-up that says Database Cache Creation Complete.

I went ahead and enabled logging to dig further into this. Here is the full error messages from my PAHUD.log file:

2008/06/27 23:39:02.099: [DatabaseCache] SQL Statement: SELECT gp.player_id, g.game_level_id, g.number_of_players, count(gp.game_id), sum(gp.vol_put_money_in_pot), sum(gp.pre_flop_raise_n), sum(gp.pcall), sum(gp.cold_call_pf), sum(gp.fpossible_actions), sum(gp.fbet), sum(gp.fraise), sum(gp.fcall), sum(gp.flop_ck_raise_n), sum(gp.ffold), sum(gp.fcheck), sum(gp.tpossible_actions), sum(gp.tbet), sum(gp.traise), sum(gp.tcall), sum(gp.turn_bet_ck_raise_n), sum(gp.tfold), sum(gp.tcheck), sum(gp.rpossible_actions), sum(gp.rbet), sum(gp.rraise), sum(gp.rcall), sum(gp.river_bet_ck_raise_n), sum(gp.rfold), sum(gp.rcheck), sum(gp.went_to_showdown_n), sum(gp.attempted_steal), sum(gp.chance_to_steal), sum(gp.saw_flop_n), sum(case when (gp.saw_flop_n=1) then gp.won_hand else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.went_to_showdown_n=1) then gp.won_hand else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.big_blind_n=1) then gp.steal_attempted else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.big_blind_n=1) then gp.folded_to_steal_attempt else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.small_blind_n=1) then gp.steal_attempted else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.small_blind_n=1) then gp.folded_to_steal_attempt else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.praise + gp.limp_call_reraise_pf) > gp.pcall) then gp.pfr_bet else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.praise + gp.limp_call_reraise_pf) > (gp.pcall + gp.pfold)) then (gp.pfr_bet+gp.pfr_check) else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.praise + gp.limp_call_reraise_pf) > gp.pcall) and (gp.pfr_bet > (gp.pfr_check + gp.pfr_fold + gp.pfr_call)) then gp.tbet else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.praise + gp.limp_call_reraise_pf) > gp.pcall) and (gp.pfr_bet > (gp.pfr_check + gp.pfr_fold + gp.pfr_call)) then gp.tbet + gp.tcheck else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.fbet + gp.fraise > 0) then gp.ffold else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.fpossible_actions > 1) and (gp.fbet + gp.fraise > 0) and (gp.fraise + gp.fcall + gp.ffold >= 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.tbet + gp.traise > 0) then gp.tfold else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.tpossible_actions > 1) and (gp.tbet + gp.traise > 0) and (gp.traise + gp.tcall + gp.tfold >= 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.rbet + gp.rraise > 0) then gp.rfold else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.rpossible_actions > 1) and (gp.rbet + gp.rraise > 0) and (gp.rraise + gp.rcall + gp.rfold >= 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.pcall >= 2) or (gp.cold_call_pf > 0) or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1) then gp.fraise else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.pcall >= 2) or (gp.cold_call_pf > 0) or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1) then gp.ffold else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.pcall >= 2) or (gp.cold_call_pf > 0) or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1) then gp.fcall else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.pcall >= 2) or (gp.cold_call_pf > 0) or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1)) and (gp.fraise + gp.fcall + gp.ffold > 0) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.traise > 0 and went_to_showdown_n = 1) then gp.won_hand else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.traise > 0 and went_to_showdown_n = 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.rraise > 0 and went_to_showdown_n = 1) then gp.won_hand else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.rraise > 0 and went_to_showdown_n = 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.pcall >= 2 or gp.cold_call_pf > 0 or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1)) then 1 else 0 end), sum(gp.total_won - gp.total_bet), sum( (gp.total_won - gp.total_bet) / gl.game_level_big_bet ) FROM game_players gp, game g, game_level gl WHERE g.game_id=gp.game_id AND g.game_level_id=gl.game_level_id AND gp.player_id != (SELECT (CASE WHEN (SELECT count(*) FROM prefs WHERE pref_key='RP') > 0 THEN (SELECT pref_value FROM prefs WHERE pref_key='RP') ELSE '0' END) as sq) AND (g.game_id > 0 AND g.game_id <= 4902) GROUP BY gp.player_id, g.game_level_id, g.number_of_players

2008/06/27 23:39:02.114: [DatabaseCache (Error)] Error executing "SELECT gp.player_id, g.game_level_id, g.number_of_players, count(gp.game_id), sum(gp.vol_put_money_in_pot), sum(gp.pre_flop_raise_n), sum(gp.pcall), sum(gp.cold_call_pf), sum(gp.fpossible_actions), sum(gp.fbet), sum(gp.fraise), sum(gp.fcall), sum(gp.flop_ck_raise_n), sum(gp.ffold), sum(gp.fcheck), sum(gp.tpossible_actions), sum(gp.tbet), sum(gp.traise), sum(gp.tcall), sum(gp.turn_bet_ck_raise_n), sum(gp.tfold), sum(gp.tcheck), sum(gp.rpossible_actions), sum(gp.rbet), sum(gp.rraise), sum(gp.rcall), sum(gp.river_bet_ck_raise_n), sum(gp.rfold), sum(gp.rcheck), sum(gp.went_to_showdown_n), sum(gp.attempted_steal), sum(gp.chance_to_steal), sum(gp.saw_flop_n), sum(case when (gp.saw_flop_n=1) then gp.won_hand else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.went_to_showdown_n=1) then gp.won_hand else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.big_blind_n=1) then gp.steal_attempted else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.big_blind_n=1) then gp.folded_to_steal_attempt else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.small_blind_n=1) then gp.steal_attempted else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.small_blind_n=1) then gp.folded_to_steal_attempt else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.praise + gp.limp_call_reraise_pf) > gp.pcall) then gp.pfr_bet else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.praise + gp.limp_call_reraise_pf) > (gp.pcall + gp.pfold)) then (gp.pfr_bet+gp.pfr_check) else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.praise + gp.limp_call_reraise_pf) > gp.pcall) and (gp.pfr_bet > (gp.pfr_check + gp.pfr_fold + gp.pfr_call)) then gp.tbet else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.praise + gp.limp_call_reraise_pf) > gp.pcall) and (gp.pfr_bet > (gp.pfr_check + gp.pfr_fold + gp.pfr_call)) then gp.tbet + gp.tcheck else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.fbet + gp.fraise > 0) then gp.ffold else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.fpossible_actions > 1) and (gp.fbet + gp.fraise > 0) and (gp.fraise + gp.fcall + gp.ffold >= 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.tbet + gp.traise > 0) then gp.tfold else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.tpossible_actions > 1) and (gp.tbet + gp.traise > 0) and (gp.traise + gp.tcall + gp.tfold >= 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.rbet + gp.rraise > 0) then gp.rfold else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.rpossible_actions > 1) and (gp.rbet + gp.rraise > 0) and (gp.rraise + gp.rcall + gp.rfold >= 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.pcall >= 2) or (gp.cold_call_pf > 0) or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1) then gp.fraise else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.pcall >= 2) or (gp.cold_call_pf > 0) or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1) then gp.ffold else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.pcall >= 2) or (gp.cold_call_pf > 0) or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1) then gp.fcall else 0 end), sum(case when ((gp.pcall >= 2) or (gp.cold_call_pf > 0) or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1)) and (gp.fraise + gp.fcall + gp.ffold > 0) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.traise > 0 and went_to_showdown_n = 1) then gp.won_hand else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.traise > 0 and went_to_showdown_n = 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.rraise > 0 and went_to_showdown_n = 1) then gp.won_hand else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.rraise > 0 and went_to_showdown_n = 1) then 1 else 0 end), sum(case when (gp.pcall >= 2 or gp.cold_call_pf > 0 or (gp.big_blind_n + gp.small_blind_n > 0 and gp.pcall >= 1)) then 1 else 0 end), sum(gp.total_won - gp.total_bet), sum( (gp.total_won - gp.total_bet) / gl.game_level_big_bet ) FROM game_players gp, game g, game_level gl WHERE g.game_id=gp.game_id AND g.game_level_id=gl.game_level_id AND gp.player_id != (SELECT (CASE WHEN (SELECT count(*) FROM prefs WHERE pref_key='RP') > 0 THEN (SELECT pref_value FROM prefs WHERE pref_key='RP') ELSE '0' END) as sq) AND (g.game_id > 0 AND g.game_id <= 4902) GROUP BY gp.player_id, g.game_level_id, g.number_of_players": ERROR: operator does not exist: integer <> character varying;
Error while executing the query


I have no idea if this is related to my state Hold'em databases (all of which I deleted) or not. I even removed references to them inside the Data/Config/Pahud.cfg file so I didn't get error messages that those databases didn't exist anymore. I still get the above error though.

Also for your information, I'm on Windows XP Professional SP3 and running my Omaha database on PostgreSQL 8.3

Thanks,

boomswitch
boomswitch
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:34 am

Re: SQL Error Every Time I start PAHUD

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:04 am

Hmm, first thing I was going to suggest was to remove the old databases from your PAH config, but if you've already done that..
Just double check this in PAH -> Options -> Preferences -> Databases -> Holdem/Omaha.

If it's not that, then I'd suggest turning caching off completely and seeing if that removes the problem - at least then we can isolate the problem.
If that removes it, then delete the cache files again and re-enable caching.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: SQL Error Every Time I start PAHUD

Postby boomswitch » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:19 am

Okay, I've disabled Database Cache entirely and made sure there are no cache files in the Data/Temp directory.

This seemed to fix the issue, but anytime I re-enable Database Cache in the Preferences, I get the SQL error.

I did a bit of Googling for the SQL error, it appears it might be some sort of syntax/functionality change with PostgreSQL -- something they changed from 8.2 to 8.3 (I am using PostgreSQL 8.3).

Any ideas? Maybe this would be a quick fix if it's just a syntax thing.

I'd prefer to not downgrade to PostgreSQL 8.2 as it's a bit of trouble.
boomswitch
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:34 am

Re: SQL Error Every Time I start PAHUD

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:21 am

Ah, yes. The cache does not work with postgres 8.3. Sorry, I should have checked that..
For now you will either have to downgrade to 8.2, or not use the cache.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: SQL Error Every Time I start PAHUD

Postby boomswitch » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:35 am

Will this be fixed in any upcoming updates?

I'd rather not downgrade because I have other data in my 8.3 installation, so it's a real pain.

I guess if there's no plan to ever fix it, I would downgrade though.
boomswitch
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:34 am

Re: SQL Error Every Time I start PAHUD

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:16 am

I don't know, but to be honest I doubt it.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests