Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby Macallan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:40 am

I've been using PT2 and PAHUD for a long time, so I'm used to the periodic database cache updates. The ellipsis in the dialog box is particularly fitting now because recently (the past two days) when PAHUD starts updating the cache it never finishes. I even let it run overnight. I woke up the next morning and it was still in the same state with the same message (as reproduced in the subject line of this post).

PAHUD seems to continue to work. My stats update, etc. But thing seem to run inexplicably slower, even though none of the PAHUD processes are consuming much processing time.

Is this a cause for concern, or just a cause for annoyance?

And don't urge me to purchase PT3, I was just about to do so when I happened to peruse the PT3 support forum. I'll just stick with the product I already own and with which I have (until recently) been happy.
Macallan
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 am

Re: Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:00 am

Sounds like there's a problem with the cache. Let's try completely rebuilding it.
Stop PAHud.
Try moving the DBCacheXXXX.db and .tmp files from C:\Program Files\PokerAce Hud\Data\Temp to another folder somewhere completely separate.
Once you have moved these files, next time you start PAH it will recreate the cache files from scratch. As you're probably aware, this can take a long time, so run it overnight or something.

What version of PAH are you running?
Are you using postgres or Access databases in PT2? What version of postgres?

Some people have an issue with building the cache in 1.19.6, but if you've been using the cache successfully and haven't updated PAH recently then this won't be the problem.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby Macallan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:34 am

Thanks. I will try rebuilding.

I was running v. 1.18. It used to check for updates automatically, so I didn't know there was a more recent version.

I use an Access DB.

I will report back later.
Macallan
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 am

Re: Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby Macallan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:28 am

This seems to have worked. Thanks.
Macallan
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 am

Re: Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:29 am

Macallan wrote:I was running v. 1.18. It used to check for updates automatically, so I didn't know there was a more recent version.

That's because 1.19.6 is officially only a beta version, not a 'full release', but it is the currently recommended version.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby Macallan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:15 am

I'm wrong. It's back again. Stuck on
"Populating ring stats from database 1 of 1..." for about an hour.
Macallan
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 am

Re: Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:06 am

It can take a while if you don't update the cache very often, or if you import a LOT of hands between rebuilds.
Is it still going?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby Macallan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:58 am

WhiteRider wrote:It can take a while if you don't update the cache very often, or if you import a LOT of hands between rebuilds.
Is it still going?

I know it takes a while, but it never takes this long.

But this time something new happened after a while this time. I got the following error messages:
"Unable to clear cache."
"Unable to query player from cache."
Macallan
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 am

Re: Retrieving ring stats from database 1 of 1...

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Hmm, it sounds like there's some problem with using the cache for you.

Please enable logging, reproduce the problem, and send the PAHud.log file via the Support system so that we can review your configurations and troubleshoot the issue.
Tutorial: How to Create a Log File
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests