Can't backup my database on new computer

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Can't backup my database on new computer

Postby hakon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:55 pm

I have just tranfered my PT database to a new computer.
When I try too backup the database I just get this message

"Error 1 has occured ==== BACKUP FAILED TO COMPLETE!!!"
hakon
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Can't backup my database on new computer

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Are you using VIsta?
Did you make the changes to the pg_hba.conf file changing MD5 to trust?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Can't backup my database on new computer

Postby hakon » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:15 am

I use XP and I have changed the md5 to trust.

I have postgresql on my laptop and the backup works fine there, but on my new computer I can't make a backup for some reason?
I transfered the database from the old computer and followed the instructions, but maybe I have done something wrong somewhere.
hakon
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Can't backup my database on new computer

Postby ptrack pat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:12 am

[quotee4p]"Error 1 has occured ==== BACKUP FAILED TO COMPLETE!!!"[/quotee4p]

It doesn't give anymore of an error message than this?
Do you get prompted for a password when you first start the backup?
What version of PostgreSQL is on this new PC? Is it 8.2 or 8.3?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests