Purging and cleanup casues freezes?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Purging and cleanup casues freezes?

Postby Viegaard » Sat May 04, 2024 2:21 pm

I often cleanout freerolls/daily spins from my database cause they are not part of my "real" poker. After I purge one it askes me if I want to vacuum the database (or something like that).

When I click yes, it freezes and the software stops responding for 5-10 seconds and then its done. Ive tried both re-installing the software and I even (for other reasons) did a full Windows 11 re-install.

Any ideas how to stop it from freezing up?
Viegaard
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Re: Purging and cleanup casues freezes?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun May 05, 2024 6:48 am

It's not unusual for PokerTracker 4 to be be unresponsive/frozen while PostgreSQL is performing database maintenance. Is the process not completing? I see the same thing while PostgreSQL is busy processing the purge/vacuum but the process is still completing successfully.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Purging and cleanup casues freezes?

Postby Viegaard » Mon May 06, 2024 6:16 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:It's not unusual for PokerTracker 4 to be be unresponsive/frozen while PostgreSQL is performing database maintenance. Is the process not completing? I see the same thing while PostgreSQL is busy processing the purge/vacuum but the process is still completing successfully.


It does complete. Just thought it might be a problem on my end since it always freezes. Like I doubt anyone designed a program to freeze on purpose? But good to know its not something wrong on my end <3
Viegaard
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:09 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests