Problem with tournament filters

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Problem with tournament filters

Postby erodas » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:28 pm

I have just converted my PT3 database and no errors occurred.
If I choose to filter my main game type -- 18man SNG tournaments, I get different quantity (thus profit and so on) of tourneys played comparing with PT3 database.
The same happens if I filter 9man SNGs...

In PT3 I used these filters:
for 18man SNGs -- Buyin, Site name, Table type - MTT 2-Table SNG
for 9 man SNGs -- Buyin, Site name, Tables STT, Flag SNG
and everything worked for me.

Can someone please write down full description of how one should make 9 man and 18 man SNG filters respectively, because I feel that I'm doing something wrong.

Also attaching screenshots with errors
Attachments
PT4_1.PNG
(67.73 KiB) Downloaded 4197 times
PT4_2.PNG
(107.77 KiB) Downloaded 4125 times
erodas
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Your second screenshot should work. I can reproduce the error and I'm looking into what we need to do to fix it now.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

I've isolated the filter error you showed.

The problem is with the More Filter filter for Speed. If you use the other combination you have plus the quick drop down for Speed it will work properly.

The Speed options in the More Filters window will work properly in the next beta release.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby Yogi Rob » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:51 pm

When a tournament is incorrectly labeled with REBUY it's normally rare and due to missing hands. The system sees a mysterious jump in chips and can confuse this with a rebuy. You can change bad results via "Edit Tournament Results".

But you're seeing a lot of these, so please submit some hand histories so we can investigate.
Yogi Rob
Developer
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby erodas » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm attaching two screenshots (problems marked with highlighter) of PT3 and PT4 both showing today's results. I can send you hand histories if it is needed.

- PT4 shows more tournaments than I have played -- they're mixed with previous day's tournaments (PT3 shows correctly);
- 18 man turbo SNG are marked as 3 different types of tournaments;
- tournament start/end time is wrong by 4 hours;
- I played 30 tourneys, PT4 shows that it were 59 tourneys in the calendar view for today and below where the totals are it is showing 64 tournaments...;
Attachments
PT4_today2.PNG
PT4
(186.45 KiB) Downloaded 4135 times
PT4_today1.PNG
PT3
(122.8 KiB) Downloaded 4121 times
erodas
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby Yogi Rob » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:37 pm

erodas wrote:I'm attaching two screenshots (problems marked with highlighter) of PT3 and PT4 both showing today's results. I can send you hand histories if it is needed.

- PT4 shows more tournaments than I have played -- they're mixed with previous day's tournaments (PT3 shows correctly);
- 18 man turbo SNG are marked as 3 different types of tournaments;
- tournament start/end time is wrong by 4 hours;
- I played 30 tourneys, PT4 shows that it were 59 tourneys in the calendar view for today and below where the totals are it is showing 64 tournaments...;


Thanks. There was a time conversion bug in the stat which will be fixed in the upcoming release.

PS 18 man tourneys are notoriously hard to detect, especially when you are elim'd early. I see turbo and non turbo, and I suppose the 3rd type contains Rebuy. Sometimes we don't have enough hands to determine turbo or non-turbo. Tourney Detection is an ongoing project and until we improve detection on these you can coach the system by going into "Edit Tournament Results", then "Auto Detect", and set the default speed from there. If you always play turbo, it can use turbo by default.
Yogi Rob
Developer
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby erodas » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Yogi Rob wrote:PS 18 man tourneys are notoriously hard to detect, especially when you are elim'd early. I see turbo and non turbo, and I suppose the 3rd type contains Rebuy. Sometimes we don't have enough hands to determine turbo or non-turbo. Tourney Detection is an ongoing project and until we improve detection on these you can coach the system by going into "Edit Tournament Results", then "Auto Detect", and set the default speed from there. If you always play turbo, it can use turbo by default.


Thanks for the solution!
erodas
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby erodas » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:25 pm

erodas wrote:
Yogi Rob wrote:PS 18 man tourneys are notoriously hard to detect, especially when you are elim'd early. I see turbo and non turbo, and I suppose the 3rd type contains Rebuy. Sometimes we don't have enough hands to determine turbo or non-turbo. Tourney Detection is an ongoing project and until we improve detection on these you can coach the system by going into "Edit Tournament Results", then "Auto Detect", and set the default speed from there. If you always play turbo, it can use turbo by default.


Thanks for the solution!


Actually filters do not work in the "Edit Tournament Results" section. How can I change thousands of tournament descriptions? Changing one by one isn't the solution and the system doesn't learn at all. I still get 3 different descriptions for these tournaments which is a total mess. Can't understand how PT3 could recognize these tournaments flawlessly and PT4 can't do this.

I can't even track my daily sessions, calendar view shows absolutely wrong daily profits and tournament counts (all days are wrong!).
It is sad, but 4.01.02 beta version is still totally unusable for me.

and I still didn't even try using HUD ;-)
erodas
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:58 am

In the Edit Tournaments Results window you can select multiple tournaments to update at once, using control-click or shift-click. This way you can update all (or whichever selection you like) at once.

If you mostly play a certain type and want to set that as the default for when detection can't identify it accurately click "Auto Detect" in the Edit Tournament Results window and set the "Defaults for unknown types" at the bottom.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Problem with tournament filters

Postby erodas » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:23 am

WhiteRider wrote:In the Edit Tournaments Results window you can select multiple tournaments to update at once, using control-click or shift-click. This way you can update all (or whichever selection you like) at once.

If you mostly play a certain type and want to set that as the default for when detection can't identify it accurately click "Auto Detect" in the Edit Tournament Results window and set the "Defaults for unknown types" at the bottom.


the problem is that when I Click Edit Tournament Results, I get all my played tournaments, say 3000 tourneys and I need to correct descriptions only for 1000 ones. How this could be done by control-shift-click? ;-)
if filters worked in Click Edit Tournament Results, I could filter "Today" and at least change descriptions of today played tourneys, but filters DO NOT WORK in that section...
erodas
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests