Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hud)

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hud)

Postby pzameki » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:17 pm

as in the subject, i would like to see/edit notes on a player from the pokertracker window, not ingame and can't find the option
pzameki
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 am

Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

Postby random » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:15 am

there is no way at this time, but its on their to do list
random
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 am

pzameki wrote:as in the subject, i would like to see/edit notes on a player from the pokertracker window, not ingame and can't find the option


Well, the workaround is just to replay any random hand as the replayer will show the HUD and the notes. I don't find that so bad actually...

But yeah, I do feel the lack of an "overview" page where you can check at a glance a big number of info on an opponent - including most stats and notes.
Erlebnis
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:56 am

You can select any player via the player list in the widgets section on the left, and view their stats, but notes are not yet visible for players other than via the HUD. As random says, this is on the list to be added.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

Postby keIronMan » Mon May 16, 2016 10:42 am

I guess this is still on the list?!?!
I feel like there are only promisses that usefull things will be added, but things don't change - even easy to implement stuff.
keIronMan
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

Postby kraada » Mon May 16, 2016 11:50 am

You can view the notes on a player in the replayer's HUD which doesn't require being at a table or playing.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

Postby 4StarGen » Tue May 17, 2016 5:49 am

It could be done outside PT4, you have to query the notes table and then parse the output. Not very difficult but still insane from a non-programmer perspective
4StarGen
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:58 am

Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

Postby BillGatesIII » Wed May 18, 2016 4:31 pm

    It is rather easy to get the note into a stat which can be used for example in a players report.
    Notes.png
    (4.95 KiB) Downloaded 5575 times

    You can hover over the stat to see the complete note text.
    Note mouse over.png
    (10.2 KiB) Downloaded 5522 times

    The right mouse click context menu is there to edit the note.
    Edit player note.png
    (4.42 KiB) Downloaded 5563 times

    But... I don't know nothing about xml so I need one of you wizards to tell me how to get that richtext stuff into readable text :D

    This is the code for the column.
    Code: Select all
    min(case
      when notes.id_x = cash_hand_player_statistics.id_player
      and notes.enum_type = 'P'
      then notes.note
    end)
    BillGatesIII
     
    Posts: 740
    Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 pm

    Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

    Postby keIronMan » Wed May 25, 2016 6:37 pm

    I know that I can start the replayer and then open the note editor through the HUD.
    But some players don't have a HUD in the replayer. I think it is because it was the very first hand I played versus them, so I can't add notes in PT Note editor on them.
    So, if I only played 1 hand vs a player, I am totally not able to note them. This is not happening on many players, but for those that I want to note (2 already) it obv is very important!
    keIronMan
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:44 pm

    Re: Is there a way to view player notes offline? (without hu

    Postby WhiteRider » Thu May 26, 2016 3:19 am

    If you're not seeing the Hud for a player in the Replayer because it's the first hand against them you can turn off 'Hud stat values at time of hand' in the Options button menu to see their lifetime stats.
    WhiteRider
    Moderator
     
    Posts: 54025
    Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
    Location: UK

    Next

    Return to PT4 Feature Requests

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests