Fixed-Width notes

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fixed-Width notes

Postby McCrea » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:07 am

Hi,

I request fixed-width note capability.

I presume we all realize that readability is a major concern when you're looking at a bunch a datasets such as stats.

I did some hand analysis in a spreadsheet, and want to paste it into the hand's note. Alas, variable width formatting is a pain.

Rather than looking like this as intended:
Code: Select all
  Hero                                                           | Villian           
  Fold Eq    pot  Hand Eq  main pot          EV    bet  re-raise |  to call  pot odds          EV
    0.00%  $0.57   31.48%     $3.27   +$1.03 EV  $0.12     $1.53 |    $1.29    2.53:1   +$0.95 EV

or this as an improvement due to subject limitation:
Code: Select all
   Hero    |    Fold Eq      0.00%
           |  Pot at RR      $0.57
           |    Hand Eq     31.48%
           |   Main Pot      $3.27
           |         EV  +$1.03 EV
           |        Bet      $0.12
           |   Re-Raise      $1.53
  Villian  |      Raise      $0.24
           |    To Call      $1.29
           |   Pot Odds     2.53:1
           |         EV  +$0.95 EV

I see:
[ img ]

Of course there are various methods of implementation.
  • Since there are already standard formatting options, bold, italic, and underline, I might guess that implementing font changes would be relatively easy.
  • Or just a toggle button, or menu option setting, to switch between or specificy fixed- or variable-width font option, so we have our choice between the ease of formatting with fixed-width and the horizontal space-saving of variable-width.

Thank you.
McCrea
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: Fixed-Width notes

Postby kraada » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:17 am

That's an awful lot of data for one situation! I'll see what I can do about your request but I can't guarantee anything. I don't know yet when we're going to be looking into note improvements next.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests