Display Hero Lifetime Stats in HUD

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Display Hero Lifetime Stats in HUD

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:45 pm

I saw some topics here with people asking about hero lifetime stats in HUD - but the only answer was that you can see your lifetime stats in the replayer. And I'm gonna say it's certainly not enough for a top-rate poker software!Till recently, I didn't care about it because I played mostly tournaments. But now, after some cash games experience, I fell a huge need for seeing my lifetime stats in HUD!!! It is very important since many strong 'regulars' adjust their playing lines hugely depending on what stats they see for an opponent. So if I don't see my own stats for lifetime (or, to say, for the latest several thousands of hands) - I have almost no chance to understand which numbers they have in front of them when playing against me! Should I go to the hand replayer then enable my lifetime stats and then put them down on paper in order to have a clue what info my opponents have when reacting to my bets??? :? Nowadays there's a lot of 'leveling wars' in poker, so you guys (PT team) please apply the lifetime stats in HUD as soon as possible! If I have to say 3k hands on my opponent - that means he has the same 3k hands on me, not just a current session stats, that's obvious. For players who agree with me - please post +1 in a comment! ;) Sorry for beeing too pushy, but that's a huge money loss in the long run for PT users.
Guest
 

Re: Display Hero Lifetime Stats in HUD

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Your opponents do not have your lifetime stats -- they haven't played every hand with you that you've ever played. Therefore they cannot adjust to these stats.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Display Hero Lifetime Stats in HUD

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:41 pm

kraada wrote:Your opponents do not have your lifetime stats -- they haven't played every hand with you that you've ever played. Therefore they cannot adjust to these stats.

Strictly speaking, they don't. But when you've played more than 2k hands against an opponent - you can be sure that the stats he sees are pretty close to your lifetime stats. That's the point!
Guest
 

Re: Display Hero Lifetime Stats in HUD

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:49 am

Not all your opponents have trackers, and if they do you don't know when they started tracking your hands. This functionality is unlikely to change. If you want to see your own lifetime stats in Hud format you can do that in the Replayer using settings in the Options menu.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Display Hero Lifetime Stats in HUD

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:58 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Not all your opponents have trackers, and if they do you don't know when they started tracking your hands. This functionality is unlikely to change. If you want to see your own lifetime stats in Hud format you can do that in the Replayer using settings in the Options menu.

Well, it looks like my 'optimistic' forecast about putting down my stats on paper and then reading them while playing becomes reality!! :? But again I'm gonna say that the more hands you play against a particular opponent - the less those stats would differ from your lifetime stats. If I see an opponent who played 50 or 100 hands against me - for sure, it's a very short sample, and I have no clue what numbers he has on me. But if I have an opponent against whom I played 2k hands or 5k hands or more - I can rely very confidently on my lifetime stats. And if you gonna play cash games regularily - you will know all those multi-tabling 'regulars' very quickly, and you can be sure that at least 90% of them DO USE tracking software. Otherwise, how would they play profitably at 10 to 20 tables simultaneously, without knowing their opponents' stats and tendencies?? So why do you argue against lifetime stats? IMO some small switcher "Session Stats in HUD"/ "Lifetime Stats in HUD" is very easy-to-implement for your professional developers team, which I'm sure you have. 8-) How do you think, if the users pay money for the software and they ask for a reasonable feature, should they finally get it or not? I saw plently of earlier posts here in your PT forums with the same feature request - so I'm definitely not the only person who needs it. So please apply it if you can, it's not that hard to do.
Guest
 

Re: Display Hero Lifetime Stats in HUD

Postby dsavereide » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Not all your opponents have trackers, and if they do you don't know when they started tracking your hands. This functionality is unlikely to change. If you want to see your own lifetime stats in Hud format you can do that in the Replayer using settings in the Options menu.

I understand that PokerTracker thinks that we should be seeing our own session stats. But that's different from forcing your users to do it that way.

The basic functionality of switching between session and lifetime stats exists. If PT defaults to life time for opponents and session for hero, that expresses your opinion. But at the same time, it appears to be a trivial matter to allow the user to switch his own stat view to lifetime since we can already switch for everyone else. Let us decide which view is more relevant at any particular point in time.
dsavereide
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Display Hero Lifetime Stats in HUD

Postby Szubrawiec » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:43 am

Yes , now when people buy hands they have ours lifetime stats.... I vote for change it (or do other option - have lifetime and session stat.)
Szubrawiec
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:24 pm


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests