custom columns

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

custom columns

Postby pasita » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:30 pm

If I were to add columns to, say, cash_hand_player_statistics, and fill those outside PT4, would there be problems expected? I assume restoring a database (and maybe backup?) could be affected (losing the data from my special columns I could live with as I can just re-generate the data)? What about day-to-day operations and maintenance, I suppose you don't work column-by-column, other than updating the cache?

Would it be better to create a new table instead of adding columns to existing tables? Would I be able to query data from the new table to be used in statistics?

I did add some columns in PT3 (to table player), in the late phases I had some problems with creating aliases (but no idea whether it was because of my columns or not), didn't notice other problems.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: custom columns

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 am

You should not add new columns to any of the PT4 database tables as that can affect many things - when we insert data into a table we expect a certain number of columns in some cases so this could definitely cause problems. Creating new tables within a database shouldn't cause any problems but of course wouldn't be accessible within PT4.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: custom columns

Postby pasita » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Hmm... I was playing around with PT3 (as PT4 was importing). I added a table to a PT3 db (copy of table player, essentially) , and added the table to the schema file. After that I was able to access the data in my own table to a PT3 report. I assume the same could work in PT4?

I realize all warranties are off once I go this route, but do you anticipate problems with this? When creating a new db? Maintenance? Backup/restore?

BTW to avoid this line of questions, you could just add a dozen "use for your own purposes" columns to tables player and *_hand_player_statistics when you do the next db update for PT4 :)
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: custom columns

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:50 pm

We don't support those kinds of database hacks. In theory it sounds like it should work, but we don't test anything with those kinds of setups on our end so we can't really advise you here.

We tried very hard to make sure that all of the data a player could want is now in the PT4 schema so I don't anticipate us adding empty columns to everyone's database to accommodate your personal need here.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests